Some of us expect to win just because we are one of the most successful English clubs of all time. Some of us forget too easily that we haven’t been successful for a long time. Some of us should know better.
Pete Lynn, aka Wrinkly Pete, does. “Can you put this up before Southend?” he asked, so we did.
Would that everything SAFC related was as easy
Saahfend – Let’s all have a disco, Let’s all have a disco, la la la la, la la la la.
And while we’re at it,
- Let’s all remember what it was like a year ago – we had already been relegated.
- Let’s all remember that a year ago we had little idea who the new owners were, never mind what they would do with our club.
- Let’s all celebrate the generosity of Ellis Short, wiping out £137M debt and avoiding us becoming like many other clubs.
- Let’s all celebrate the opening of the Beacon of Light. Another reminder of the links between our club and its local community.
- Let’s all celebrate red seats returning to the stadium. The club, fans and players working together.
- Let’s all celebrate the opening of the Sunderland fans museum.
- Let’s all recall that season card prices for many were reduced this season, helping us establish a new record aggregate attendance for this league.
- Let’s all remember the Boxing Day crowd. Not only for the new league one record attendance but also the generosity of folk who paid for less well off people to attend.
- Let’s all wallow in the nostalgia of the Fulwell 73 “Sunderland ‘til I Die” documentary. What a massive profile that gave to our club.
- Let’s all rejoice in being able to watch Aiden McGeady “go down the wing for me”
- Let’s all remember the scenes in Trafalgar Square pre Wembley.
- Let’s all reflect on our day at Wembley, what a joy just to be there.
- Let’s all be proud of The Lads heroes mural in the Roker End.
- Let’s all appreciate the new owners listening to the views of the fans, for example the renaming of the South stand.
- Let’s all enjoy the improved atmosphere in the Stadium of Light with initiatives like the recently introduced flags.
- Let’s all revel in having a top goalkeeper again.
Let’s all revel in Chris Maguire’s goal against Saahfend at the SoL.
Let’s all “Sing our hearts out for The Lads”
Aiden McGeady song posted on YouTube by Glenn Johnson Oct 2017. Chris Mzguire’s goal posted on YouTube by Sunderland AFC Oct 2018. If there is any copyright claim, not answered by “fair comment” on the videos please let us know and we will remove or acknowledge as requested