The people at – or speaking for – Yahoo tell me Salut! Sunderland readers gave a great response to the Monday lie-in competition.
The what? That’s what you’ll be asking if you missed it first time round when I cynically linked it to a certain game most of us wish to forget (there are loads of those games but you know perfectly well which one I mean) in order to attract as many potential entrants as possible. With the deadline only two days away, here again are the details …
Salut! Sunderland has been chosen to invite fans – whoever they support, so Swansea supporters can get stuck in, too – try their luck in a competition with an unusual prize.
The idea is simple. Win the competition and you get every Monday off for the season, provided your boss plays along – and the cash equivalent if he/she doesn’t. If you do get that half-day off, it is described by the promoters as a chance to “wake up fresh wanting to rewatch the highlights of that victory – or hide away after that terrible defeat”. We’ve experienced both desires, with rather too many of the latter sort.
It is an internet competition, called Yahoo! Your Goals, and Salut! Sunderland is one of an “exclusive” band of football sites to be chosen to take part.
The only way to enter is via the following link: http://ad-emea.doubleclick.net/clk;244608813;68513734;m?http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/your-goals.html
The closing date for entry is Aug 26, ie only two days away.
So first, over to Yahoo to explain “All football fans have to do to enter the competition, and give themselves a chance of winning this amazing prize, is to sign up to the Yahoo! Your Goals newsletter. Even if they don’t win they’ll get Premier League highlights straight to their inbox every Monday morning.
Here are the details:
• The closing date of the competition is 23:59 hours (UK time) on the 26th August 2011.
• Yahoo! will select one winner at random from amongst the complete entries on August 30th 2011.
• For the prize Yahoo! will cover the cost to the winner’s employer of half a day off work. Yahoo! will contact the winner’s employer and offer the employer the cash equivalent of 0.5 days per week off work of the winner’s salary from 15th August 2011 to 21st May 2012.
• If the winner’s employer chooses not to allow the winner to take Monday mornings off work, then Yahoo! will give the winner the cash equivalent. The contribution prize is capped at £5k (subject to availability).
• To enter you must be over 16 and a resident of the UK. Only one entry per person is permitted.
• Full Terms and Conditions can be found here: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/yourgoals_tandc.html
And now over to you. Gets the mind of the Toon and Brighton.