Man City, City, City … off, off, off

Jake: 'somehow knew we wouldn't lose tonight'
Jake: ‘somehow knew we wouldn’t lose tonight’

… it sort of reminded me of a catchy little political chant from the 1980s. It started with “Maggie” and ended with “out”.

But just in case some poor soul strayed here tonight expecting Sixer’s Sevens and Poyetry in Motion, the game is off. “My garden shed” comes to mind when thinking about a bit of wind but the decision was also influenced by conditions around the Etihad and travelling to it.

We wish Pete Sixsmith, Sobs and all other supporters a safe return journey from wherever they’d reached.

This is the statement posted on

Tonight’s game called off due to adverse weather conditions.

Sunderland’s game at Manchester City has been postponed due to adverse weather conditions.

The Black Cats had been due to face Manuel Pellegrini’s side this evening but the game has now been called off following a decision by Manchester City’s safety officer and the police.

A Manchester City statement read: “Manchester City can confirm that this evening’s fixture versus Sunderland has been postponed due to exceptional and escalating weather conditions.

“The safety of those in, around and travelling to the stadium complex cannot be guaranteed. This decision has been made by the Safety Officer and Greater Manchester Police. Both managers and the match officials understand and support this decision.”

A revised date for the fixture will be announced in due course.

2 thoughts on “Man City, City, City … off, off, off”

  1. For anyone wondering how bad the winds were – I am currently in a hotel in Lytham St Annes and last evening, guests were moved from three rooms when debris smashed through their windows, another ended up in casualty after the wind blew her over and she sustained broken bones in her hand. Two others had their handbags blown from their grasp and a couple of elderly guests had to be helped inside by hotel staff as they couldn’t walk into the wind. People were advised not to leave the building.

    It calmed down later but for about three hours between 5.30 and 8.00 pm the wind was easily gale force 10.

Comments are closed.

Next Post