Monsieur Salut writes: as many readers will know, I am off to Budapest for the weekend to celebrate my 45th wedding anniversary.
Whatever happens at the SoL on Saturday afternoon, I shall almost certainly have to rely on Pete Sixsmith’s texts to my mobile phone to make me happy or gloomy. I try to be philosophical, especially this early in a season, but it can be tough.
Before I go, let me remind those who have not necessarily been paying attention that it has been a good week on Salut! Sunderland.
Check out these articles if you missed them the first time around:
- Duncan Watmore scores brilliant goal for England Under 21s: https://safc.blog/2016/11/duncan-watmores-challenge-score-a-winning-goal-like-this-against-hull-city/
- Paul Summerside explains, before seeking medication, why Sunderland will beat Hull for sure: https://safc.blog/2016/11/lets-hear-it-for-an-optimist-why-sunderland-will-beat-hull/
- A SAFC-Hull City Guess the Score with great choice of prize for the winner: https://safc.blog/2016/11/hull-city-guess-the-score-forget-salut-sunderland-mugs-defoes-our-prize/
- Salut! Sunderland introduces its youngest Who are You? interviewee: https://safc.blog/2016/11/hull-city-who-are-you-who-could-blame-bruce-for-walking-out/
- Pete Sixsmith beat Monsieur Salut to Budapest by the small margin of 43 years: read his great account of Sunderland’s victorious FA Cup-winning side in Europe: https://safc.blog/2016/11/things-we-do-for-love-following-sunderland-to-le-budapesti-vasas/
- My own assessment of Sunderland v Hull City at ESPN FC: http://www.espnfc.com/club/sunderland/366/blog/post/2998132/sunderland-seek-win-over-hull-to-spark-push-for-survival
There has been more, of course, but I am sure you can be trusted to navigate from those links or the home page
Please let me return on Monday to a Premier League table showing us on eight points and Swansea still on five.